Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Fresh Dusting

Today brings a fresh dusting of snow on the ground.  I must admit that when I woke up and saw it I was a bit bummed.  I was really liking the no snow thing, but it is January in Ohio. 

I was telling my husband this morning that I want more of God.  I want to be even closer to him than I am right now.  I want my prayer time to be more deep, more intimate.  Like the fresh dusting of snow on the ground I want a fresh dusting of his presence in my life.  He wants to give me a fresh dusting of him.  Where am I in this?  Well, I can pull back or I can press in.  For me it starts with a desire for more of him.  He is always there, beckoning us to come, but will we?  What is holding you back from pressing in deeper with Christ?  Is it your sin?  Cause that doesn't matter to him.  Is it that you don't know how?  Cause he just wants you to keep trying.  What is keeping you from stopping everything else to spend time with him and being in his word.  Too busy?  Look at Jesus ministry, he was sure busy.  Crowds of people followed him, everywhere he went there were demands to heal and then there were the people who were always questioning him.  Yet what do we see him doing in the midst of it all?  Yup, getting away for his alone time with his Father, to get filled up by him, to bring his requests and share life with him.

I think so many find it hard to spend time with God.  Oh we want to but we just don't know how.  I would encourage you to find a good online bible read through and start today.  Allow God to speak to you through his word.  He will!!!  Remember this "Draw near to me and I will draw near to you."  This is his promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment