Friday, December 24, 2010

Preparations and Miracles

Most people who are blogging today (Chrismas Eve) are writing about Christmas.  Writing about the miracle of Jesus coming into the world - to save us - to give us life and salvation - born in a lowly stable - surrounded by the shepherds.  So amazing - so wonderful!!!  Today brings final preparations for my family to arrive.  Cookies being made, house dusted, beds made and preparations for a toddler and a baby to stay.  I spend alot of time making my home warm and comfortable.  As I write this all out I can't help but think and wonder what kind of preperations we take in our lives to be close to Jesus.  To strengthen our relationship with him.  I know for me I love my morning time in the word but I must confess that I too, like you, have my days where I get going and forget, or just purposely lay it aside until "later" only to find at the end of the day that it never happened.  I would prefer never to fail in this area but I don't live in failure, because Jesus wouldn't want me to live in failure but in his grace, his forgiveness.

The miracle of Christmas is in my life.  The miracle of a virgin birth.  Wow!  I want you to take a moment to think about something.  Mary was conceived through the Holy Spirit.  Now stop  and think for a moment the power in this conception.  Seriously, conceived through the Holy Spirit.  We cannot even comprehend this kind of power.  Now if you are a believer, this power, this Holy Spirit is alive in you.  Right now, every moment, you have the power of the Holy Spirit within you.  Can't forgive someone who has hurt you?  Remember that you have the power within you.  Don't try to tap into yourself but tap into the Spirit.  Pray, seek Christ to be revealed in you and you will be able to do more than you could ever ask or imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment