Friday, January 14, 2011

Water mess

"Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?  And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?  And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?  And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'"  Matthew 25

As I let these words sink in to me this morning it is a reminder to me of the times when I find myself complaining.  Whatever it is that causes complaining is usually just my selfishness getting in the way.  Thinking about Jesus words above brings a new light on complaining.  You see everything in life everything that we do should be for Him.  Everything.  And if everything in our life is for Him, that would mean that even our complaining is directed at Him.  According to the words above whenever we are helping each other we are helping Jesus.  Oh, I have always know this, always taught it to my children - but take it even further.  When we complain aren't we really telling God that he messed up?

This morning I woke up at 7:30 when my husband came in the bedroom and said that he was up in the middle of the night with the shop vac in the basement because some valve on the back of a toilet didn't shut down and water ran over the top all night.  What a mess.  As he came in to tell me he began to change and get ready to go to a time of prayer with some men.  He had been invited by a fellow pastor.  He was tired and probably felt like just going back to bed.  He said, "Satan does not want me to go this morning.  I AM GOING!"  I am thinking his time of prayer is going to be amazing.

I hope this doesn't sound confusing or scattered.  Sometimes scripture teaches me something that others may not track with, but I think that scripture teaches us different things and in different ways.  Doing for the least of these vs. complaining.  Some may track with me, some may not, but non the less, that is what God was teaching me through his word today.

May all I do today, talking with the insurance company...etc. bring honor to my heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment