Saturday, January 22, 2011

Been betrayed? Been deserted?

Do you know what it's like to be betrayed or deserted?  A friend, a spouse, a co-worker...betrayal just plain hurts.  I was reading in Matthew when Judas had betrayed Jesus and Jesus said to those who came to seize him.  "Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels?  But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so? . . . Day after day I sat in the temple courts teaching, and you did not seize me.  But all this has taken place that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled.  Then all the disciples left him and fled." 

It doesn't say that most of his disciples left him/deserted him, but ALL of them.  I was thinking about how Jesus must have felt.  He knew this was coming for sure but that does not change the fact that he was human, with the same feelings that we have.  He served along side these men, these men gave up everything to follow him but when push came to shove, they deserted him - out of their own fear.  Jesus had nobody standing beside him.  Where did he turn?  To his Father!!!!  Where do you turn when it seems that there is nobody around you?  When you feel deserted or alone.  I can only imagine the deep hurt that Jesus felt when all of his disciples deserted him.  Kinda makes me think of how he feels when I desert him even now.  When I try to live my life my way.  When I have days when I'm not seeking his face.  Because you see, he wants me - he wants our relationship to be one of sharing together, spending time together and basking in the love that he has for me and that I have for him.

I am so overwhelmed that Jesus would feel hurt, pain, rejection, betrayal and death...etc. ALL FOR ME - ALL FOR YOU.  I am so thankful that he rose from the dead defeating Satan and giving me freedom.  How can I ever begin to thank you Jesus.  When you are feeling alone seek the face of your heavenly Father.  He is always there for you.  His promise to you is "I will never leave you or forsake you."  Hold on to him so tight.  He is right there next to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment